Thursday, May 3, 2012

Free Pattern: Rat Hammock

I know this pattern isn't for everyone, but I recently had the privilege of meeting my neighbor, Jillian's rat, Lily.  She is sooo cute!  I used to think that rats were disgusting little creatures, until my best friend, Cherish, lived with us.  Her rat, Nicodemus, was trained to do little tricks, and he was a neat little guy.  Through Nicodemus (RIP, little buddy!), I learned that rats are actually very clean animals.  They are extremely intelligent, and they're pretty fun.  So, when I got to meet Lily, I was thrilled!  So were the dogs:





I wanted to knit or crochet something for Lily, so I made her a hammock!


She isn't so sure about it yet, but I think she'll learn to like it.  The pattern PDF can be downloaded for free here:


I hope your little buddies enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have ratties anymore but I do have lots of friends that do, so sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hammocks have been around for centuries. First noted by the Spanish colonists as they were conquering the America's, they were used by Native Americans, in particular the West Indies, known today as the Caribbean.hammocks for sale

    ReplyDelete